General Information

You will be required to login and electronically consent to our legally binding terms and conditions. Use the map to find a license. Select Learn More to locate the Place Bid option to prompt the Bid Now page to open, enter bid and add-ons, if needed. Our terms and conditions stipulate rules and regulations for the license, read them, type agree then select Place bid again to complete. You can only bid on one license at a time. Bids are reviewed on a rolling basis and a decision is usually made in 10-14 business days. 

After you purchase a license, you will receive an email confirming your purchase. A summary of your current and past licenses are located under the "Licenses" section of your account.

  • Please print out at least two copies of the license.
    • The receipt and license will automatically download when PDF Receipt or PDF License Details is selected, found under the Actions column in Licenses, on the right of the Order information page. 
  • A PDF topographic map and imagery map of the Parcel can be viewed, downloaded and printed from the Licenses page.
    • The maps will automatically download when View Maps is selected, found under the Actions column in Licenses
    • Save the maps to your computer or phone, then upload the maps to Avenza Map App for real-time location when on property. 
  • You should carry a copy of the license on your person, while on the property.
  • All members of hunting clubs must also carry a copy of the license on their person, at all times, while on the property.
    • An electronic copy of the license agreement, stored on a smartphone is sufficient.

Licenses are only available for purchase through our website. We do not accept orders over the phone or in person.

Public computers are available at many libraries. We hope that our customers who are less comfortable with online purchases will utilize a family member, friend, or hunting club member to help them through the process. Future correspondence from Manulife Investment Management regarding recreational licenses will be sent through to the email address on file for the license purchased. 

***Please note, not all mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets, support our website functionality. To view the full screen on a mobile device, turn it sideways. 

We accept debit and credit cards including American Express and Discover with our new payment processor PayPal. Please create an account on PayPal to link an account, or use a debit or credit card. We do not accept Bitcoins, or other forms of payment through the website system.

For payments greater than $50,000, please email hancockrecreation@manulife.com for additional instructions.

The lands you license to recreate on are primarily used for commercial timber or farming operations. We need to alert you when commercial activities affect your use of our land, or in the event of an emergency, such as a wildfire. 

Please review our Privacy Policy to understand how we use your information. We will never sell or provide your personal information to a third party without your consent. By creating an account on our website, you consent to our Privacy Policy.

In order to maintain the ability of using our private property for recreational access, you must abide by all terms and conditions as well as local and State laws, which are strictly enforced. If we determine you have violated any clause under the terms and conditions of a license, your license will be revoked for the remainder of license term, without a refund. We also reserve the right to terminate your account permanently.

Yes, every hunting club member who will be present on license premises in a given year must appear on your members list which is located under the "Members" tab on the "Account" page. Please keep your members list up-to-date and make sure each member carries a copy of your membership card (printable from your "Licenses" tab), filled out with the member's name. To add members: From Account, select Members, then Edit, enter children and Add Member, type name, role and phone, select Save


***This does not apply to permit holders

Multi-factor authentication is an authentication method in which two or more pieces of identification are required in order to grant access to a given computer system. Manulife Investment Management provides multi-factor authentication as an option for customers who want a greater level of security for their recreation license account through www.hancockrecreation.com. Multi-Factor authentication is optional and only recommended for experienced users; only opt into multi-factor authentication if you fit this criteria. Instructions for setting up multi-factor authentication: Sign into your account, under Account, select Edit, scroll down to the bottom to check Multi-Factor authentication, enter email, phone number or both, enter verification code when prompted, select Save. To remove, uncheck the box for multi-factor authentication and save. 



Creating a password that will be accepted by the system can be challenging. If you are having challenges creating a password, please ensure the password meets the requirements below. 


•             Must contain an uppercase letter

•             Must contain a lowercase letter

•             Must contain a number

•             Must contain a symbol, such as $ # @ ! &

•             Must be 8 letters

•             May not contain a dictionary word or a name

•             May not have repeated or sequential characters, ie: “FF” or “123”, “ABC”

Should you wish to transfer your license to another individual, please have that individual create their own account on www.hancockrecreation.com. Once that individual has created the account, the original license holder must email us at hancockrecreation@manulife.com, stating which license they would like to transfer and provide the email address of the new user. Once the transfer is initiated, the new user will receive an email with additional instructions to acquire the license. 

***Northwest Recreation Permits may not be transferred

Please see our License Guide


  • Anyone can view the details of available licenses.
  • Only registered users can bid on licenses.
  • You may submit a bid for the amount you are willing to pay for the license, provided you exceed the minimum bid amount on a given license.
  • We will review the bids submitted.
  • You will receive an email regarding your bid, whether you win or lose, once the license payment is completed by the winner.
  • We will never disclose any bid information, including the high-bid. We reserve the right to reject all bids.

Safety and Security

You must abide by all local and State laws pertaining to hunting. Before purchasing the license, you will accept the terms and conditions, which will list any additional restrictions specific to the license you are purchasing.


MIM does not allow dog hunting for deer. Should you wish to apply for an exception, please download this application, complete it, and email it to hancockrecreation@manulife.com.


Should you require landowner consent for the hunting of nuisance animals, including feral hogs, raccoon, or coyote, please email hancockrecreation@manulife.com.

We do not restrict the type of hunting stand you can use, but hunters may not damage the trees they are climbing. Spikes are not allowed to be placed in trees. Hunters should ALWAYS use a safety harness when climbing and sitting in elevated stands.

No dedicated shooting range is to be maintained on the Timberland – members and guests may have an area to sight in firearms on an incidental basis, but no other shooting activities may take place in such area, including but not limited to activities such as target practice, plinking, or shooting contests. 

Sighting in firearms on roads will not be tolerated.

Recreation License Add-ons

A campsite is an area selected by a licensee, and approved by Manulife Investment Management, within a given hunting license where temporary structures may be placed. ***For Northwest customers please see the terms and conditions of your permit regarding camping

A structure is any temporary building within a campsite that is used for the benefit of hunting club members including, but not limited to, recreational vehicles, tents, covered or enclosed storage areas, lean-tos, and buildings related to the storing, harvesting, or butchering of any harvested animals. Structures must be maintained in good working and visual order, including current registration on vehicles, and must be able to be removed immediately if notice is given to vacate. Structures must be free-standing and not have posts inserted into the ground, and may not be attached to trees in any way, shape, or form.

MIM does not charge for check-in stations or skinning racks.

***For Northwest customers please see the terms and conditions of your permit regarding camping

Yes, both campsites and structures are considered add-ons to your recreation license and each come with a cost. Campsites are charged at a rate of $500 per campsite per year, regardless of whether they are used seasonally or year-round. The campsite fee includes the area for the camp and the cost of 1 structure. Additional structures can be added to the campsite and are charged at a rate of $400 per structure, per year regardless of whether they are used seasonally or year-round.

You would be charged one structure fee for the recreational vehicle, and one structure fee per attached item. For example, an RV with a porch and a covering over it would be charged as three total structures. Further, campsites and structures that exceed the maximum individual size limit listed in the campsite restrictions and regulations will be charged as two, or more, campsites or structures.

Once you have selected the number of campsites and structures that are, or will be, located on your recreation license from the add-on menu (during the bidding or renewal process) they will be included with the total license cost in the total amount due. After the renewal period, send an email to hancockrecreation@manulife.com to be invoiced via PayPal separately. 

The number of campsites on a given license is capped at 10, but remember that each campsite must be approved by Manulife Investment Management. These approvals will be based on the proposed location of the campsite as well as the size of the overall license.

No, permanent structures may not be built or moved onto the property under any circumstances. This includes mobile homes, manufactured homes or prefabricated temporary buildings, or other constructed camps. Further, no structure may be used for permanent or semi-permanent residence. 

The landowner shall not be responsible for any loss, claim, or damage to licensee’s improvements or personal property. If you as the licensee feels the need to acquire casualty insurance to cover personal property or improvements you may do so at your expense provided the landowner is named as an additional insured and that a copy of the certificate of insurance is provided to the owner. Please send an email to hancockrecreation@manulife.com requesting owner information for this purpose. 

No, firewood cutting is strictly prohibited on license premises. However, you may use residual materials from timber harvesting for campfire wood on the license premises. At no time may firewood be removed from the license premises. Further, no outside firewood may be brought onto the license premises in order to prevent disease and pest transmission to timber operations.

***For Northwest customers please see the terms and conditions of your permit regarding firewood cutting

Any utility service requiring the granting of a right-of-way is prohibited. The running of water and sewer utilities to campsites is strictly prohibited. Further, no effluence of any type may be discharged in any manner onto your license premises or the surrounding area. The burying of effluence, septic systems, or waste containers is strictly prohibited.

Campsites must be neatly maintained and kept free of litter, trash, junk, or scrap materials at all times. Further, all structures must be maintained in good visual and working order at all times. All vehicles must have tires inflated. Campsites that fail to meet these basic requirements are subject to a fine and/or loss of campsite privileges.

Please know MIM conducts random campsite inspections, without notice. MIM reserves the right to impose a fee of $500 per month per month per violation, until the violation is cured. MIM reserves the right to suspend recreation privileges until the violations are corrected.